Nebraska Revised Statute 37-480
Chapter 37 Section 480
Wild birds and wild mammals; disposition; restrictions.
(1) Wild birds or wild mammals raised and processed by holders of captive wildlife permits for food trade only shall not be required to be marked as specified in rules and regulations of the commission, but any such dressed and packaged wild bird or wild mammal shall be identified with a label listing the contents of the package, the name of the permitholder, and his or her permit number.
(2) The sale, purchase, or barter of any wild bird or the carcass of a wild bird bearing shot marks or external wounds of any kind is prohibited, except that such wild birds may be bought or sold if they are obtained from the holder of a captive wildlife permit, they are shot in a dog trial approved as a training program by the commission, and they are marked, possessed, and transported according to rules and regulations of the commission.
- Laws 1957, c. 151, § 4, p. 490;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 37-716;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 190;
- Laws 1999, LB 176, § 59.