Nebraska Revised Statute 37-424
Special fishing permit for resident who is physically or developmentally disabled; fee.
(1) The commission may issue, regardless of any other requirements or qualifications of the Game Law, special fishing permits to those residents of the State of Nebraska who are severely physically disabled or developmentally disabled and who require assistance fishing. The special permit shall entitle the disabled person and one person assisting the disabled person to take or possess any aquatic organism in compliance with the Game Law. The special permit shall be valid without an aquatic habitat stamp issued under the provisions of sections 37-426 to 37-433. The disabled person shall be considered the holder of the permit. The annual fee for such permit shall be five dollars, regardless of the age of the applicant.
(2) For purposes of this section, severely physically disabled person means a person certified by a physician to have a permanent physical impairment which results in an inability to use fishing equipment unassisted.
(3) For purposes of this section, developmentally disabled person means a person who has a developmental disability as defined in section 83-1205 and whose disability is certified by a physician as resulting in an inability to use fishing equipment unassisted.
(4) The commission shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations necessary to carry out this section.
- Laws 1997, LB 19, § 1;
- R.S.Supp.,1997, § 37-204.03;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 134.