Nebraska Revised Statute 37-410
Permits; unlawful acts; penalty; confiscation of permits; residents under sixteen years of age, no permit necessary.
(1) It shall be unlawful (a) for any person who has been issued a permit under the Game Law to lend or transfer his or her permit to another or for any person to borrow or use the permit of another, (b) for any person to procure a permit under an assumed name or to falsely state the place of his or her legal residence or make any other false statement in securing a permit, (c) for any person to knowingly issue or aid in securing a permit under the Game Law for any person not legally entitled thereto, (d) for any person disqualified for a permit to hunt, fish, or harvest fur with or without a permit during any period when such right has been forfeited or for which his or her permit has been revoked by the commission, or (e) for any nonresident under the age of sixteen years to receive a permit to harvest fur from any fur-bearing animal under the Game Law without presenting a written request therefor signed by his or her father, mother, or guardian.
(2) All children who are residents of the State of Nebraska and are under sixteen years of age shall not be required to have a permit to hunt, harvest fur, or fish.
(3) Any person violating subdivision (1)(a), (b), (c), or (d) of this section shall be guilty of a Class II misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be fined at least one hundred dollars for violations involving a fishing permit, at least one hundred fifty dollars for violations involving a small game, fur-harvesting, paddlefish, or deer permit, at least two hundred fifty dollars for violations involving an antelope permit, at least five hundred dollars for violations involving an elk permit, and at least one thousand dollars for violations involving a mountain sheep permit. Any person violating subdivision (1)(e) of this section shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor and shall be fined at least seventy-five dollars. Any permits purchased or used in violation of this section shall be confiscated by the court.
- Laws 1929, c. 112, II, § 8, p. 411;
- C.S.1929, § 37-208;
- Laws 1941, c. 72, § 8, p. 305;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 37-208;
- R.S.1943, § 37-208;
- Laws 1949, c. 102, § 1, p. 280;
- Laws 1959, c. 150, § 2, p. 569;
- Laws 1977, LB 40, § 173;
- Laws 1981, LB 72, § 6;
- Laws 1989, LB 34, § 9;
- R.S.1943, (1993), § 37-208;
- Laws 1998, LB 922, § 120;
- Laws 1999, LB 176, § 22;
- Laws 2003, LB 305, § 7;
- Laws 2009, LB105, § 6.