Nebraska Revised Statute 32-551
Regional metropolitan transit authority; terms.
(1) Members of the board of directors of a regional metropolitan transit authority shall be nominated at the statewide primary election and elected at the statewide general election following the effective date of the conversion of such transit authority established under the Transit Authority Law into a regional metropolitan transit authority as provided in section 18-808, and subsequently elected members shall be nominated at subsequent statewide primary elections and elected at subsequent statewide general elections. Candidates for election shall be nominated upon a nonpartisan ballot.
(2) Members elected to represent odd-numbered districts in the first election of board members shall be elected for two-year terms. Members elected to represent even-numbered districts in the first election of board members shall be elected for four-year terms. Members elected in subsequent elections shall be elected for four-year terms and until their successors are elected and qualified.
(3) Members shall take office on the first Thursday after the first Tuesday in January following their election, except that members appointed to fill vacancies shall take office immediately following administration of the oath of office.
- Laws 2019, LB492, § 36.
- Effective Date: September 1, 2019
- Transit Authority Law, see section 14-1826.