Nebraska Revised Statute 29-3929
Chapter 29 Section 3929
Chief counsel; duties.
The primary duties of the chief counsel shall be to provide direct legal services to indigent defendants, and the chief counsel shall:
(1) Supervise the operations of the appellate division, the capital litigation division, the DNA testing division, and the major case resource center;
(2) Prepare a budget and disburse funds for the operations of the commission;
(3) Present to the commission an annual report on the operations of the commission, including an accounting of all funds received and disbursed, an evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of the commission, and recommendations for improvement;
(4) Convene or contract for conferences and training seminars related to criminal defense;
(5) Perform other duties as directed by the commission;
(6) Establish and administer projects and programs for the operation of the commission;
(7) Appoint and remove employees of the commission and delegate appropriate powers and duties to them;
(8) Adopt and promulgate rules and regulations for the management and administration of policies of the commission and the conduct of employees of the commission;
(9) Transmit monthly to the commission a report of the operations of the commission for the preceding calendar month;
(10) Execute and carry out all contracts, leases, and agreements authorized by the commission with agencies of federal, state, or local government, corporations, or persons; and
(11) Exercise all powers and perform all duties necessary and proper in carrying out his or her responsibilities.