Nebraska Revised Statute 28-927
Chapter 28 Section 927
Neglecting to serve a warrant; penalty; forfeiture of office.
(1) When any warrant legally issued by any magistrate in this state in any criminal case shall be delivered into the hands of any sheriff or other officer to be executed, whose duty it shall be to execute such warrant, it is hereby made the duty of such sheriff or other officer to serve the same immediately, and if such sheriff or other officer shall neglect or delay to serve any such warrant, delivered to him or her as aforesaid, when in his or her power to serve the same, either alone or by calling upon assistance according to law, he or she commits the offense of neglecting to serve a warrant.
(2) Neglecting to serve a warrant is a Class II misdemeanor if the offense charged for which the warrant was issued is a felony.
(3) Neglecting to serve a warrant is a Class III misdemeanor if the offense charged for which the warrant was issued is a misdemeanor.
(4) Any sheriff or other officer who is convicted under this section shall immediately forfeit his or her office.
- Laws 1977, LB 38, § 212;
- Laws 1988, LB 1030, § 20.