Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2932
Chapter 25 Section 2932
(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) or (c) of this section, the Uniform Mediation Act applies to a mediation in which:
(1) the mediation parties are required to mediate by statute or court or administrative agency rule or referred to mediation by a court, administrative agency, or arbitrator;
(2) the mediation parties and the mediator agree to mediate in a record that demonstrates an expectation that mediation communications will be privileged against disclosure; or
(3) the mediation parties use as a mediator an individual who holds himself or herself out as a mediator, or the mediation is provided by a person that holds itself out as providing mediation.
(b) The Uniform Mediation Act does not apply to a mediation:
(1) relating to the establishment, negotiation, administration, or termination of a collective-bargaining relationship;
(2) relating to a dispute that is pending under or is part of the processes established by a collective-bargaining agreement, except that the act applies to a mediation arising out of a dispute that has been filed with an administrative agency or court;
(3) conducted by a judge who might make a ruling on the case; or
(4) conducted under the auspices of:
(A) a primary or secondary school if all the parties and the mediator are students; or
(B) a correctional institution for youths or a juvenile center if all the parties and the mediator are residents of that institution.
(c) If the parties agree in advance in a signed record or a record of proceeding so reflects that all or part of a mediation is not privileged, the privileges under sections 25-2933 to 25-2935 do not apply to the mediation or part agreed upon. However, such sections apply to a mediation communication made by a person that has not received actual notice of the agreement before the communication is made.