Nebraska Revised Statute 25-2229
Constables; contracts authorized.
(1) In counties having a population of one hundred thousand or more inhabitants, each judge of the county court may contract with one constable for purposes of serving or otherwise executing, according to law, and returning writs or other legal process. Such constables shall not be considered employees of the state or its political subdivisions. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the terms of such contract shall be prescribed by the State Court Administrator.
(2) In counties having more than one contracted constable, the party requesting the constable to serve or otherwise execute any legal process may designate by name the constable who shall serve or otherwise execute such legal process.
- Laws 1941, c. 36, § 7, p. 149;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 22-1512;
- R.S.1943, § 26-1,183;
- R.S.1943, (1979), § 26-1,183;
- Laws 1984, LB 13, § 45;
- R.S.1943, (1985), § 24-5,106;
- Laws 1992, LB 1059, § 15;
- Laws 1999, LB 319, § 3.