Nebraska Revised Statute 24-212
Nebraska Reports; Nebraska Appellate Reports; preparation and publication; copyright; disposition; annotations.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, it shall be the duty of the Reporter of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals to prepare the opinions of the courts for publication in advance pamphlet form as fast as they are delivered to him or her, and when sufficient material is accumulated to form a volume of not less than nine hundred pages, he or she shall cause the same to be printed and bound in a permanent manner. The reporter shall also determine, based on the number of current subscribers and the provisions of section 24-209, the number of copies in print format for each publication of advance pamphlets and bound volumes. Payments for such publications shall be made from the Supreme Court Reports Cash Fund. The copyright of each volume shall be entered by the reporter for the benefit of the state, and all papers relating thereto shall be filed and recorded in the office of the Secretary of State. The titles of the volumes shall be the Nebraska Reports and the Nebraska Appellate Reports which with the number of the volume shall be printed on the back of each volume, and the reports of every case should show the name of the judge writing the opinion, the names of the judges concurring therein, and the names of the judges, if any, dissenting from the opinion. The reporter shall also edit and arrange for publication in the statutes of Nebraska, at such times as the Revisor of Statutes may request, annotations of the decisions of the Supreme Court of Nebraska and the decisions of the Court of Appeals designated for permanent publication and transmit them to the Revisor of Statutes.
(2) In the alternative or in addition to subsection (1) of this section, the opinions of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeals may be published in electronic format in the manner and under such title designated by the Supreme Court.
- Laws 1879, § 19, p. 85;
- Laws 1901, c. 24, § 1, p. 329;
- R.S.1913, § 1146;
- C.S.1922, § 1075;
- Laws 1929, c. 84, § 1, p. 334;
- C.S.1929, § 27-212;
- R.S.1943, § 24-212;
- Laws 1967, c. 328, § 1, p. 868;
- Laws 1979, LB 377, § 2;
- Laws 1984, LB 848, § 2;
- Laws 1994, LB 1244, § 1;
- Laws 1995, LB 271, § 4;
- Laws 2015, LB301, § 3.
Reporter should cooperate in letting printing contract with other state agencies authorized to act. Traphagen v. Lindsay, 95 Neb. 823, 146 N.W. 1026 (1914).
It is the duty of reporter to publish at lowest reasonable cost. In re Brown, 15 Neb. 688, 50 N.W. 273 (1884).