Nebraska Revised Statute 23-813

Chapter 23


Roadhouses; dance halls; carnivals; shows; amusement parks; license required.

No person, association, firm, or corporation shall conduct or operate any roadhouse, dance hall, carnival, show, amusement park, or other place of public amusement, outside the limits of any incorporated city or village in the State of Nebraska, without first having obtained a license from the county board of the county in which the same is to be operated. If the applicant is an individual, the application shall include the applicant's social security number. Any person, corporation, or association violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class V misdemeanor. No license shall be required for a dance in an inhabited private home to which no admission or other fee is charged.


  • Laws 1931, c. 38, § 1, p. 131;
  • C.S.Supp.,1941, § 26-751;
  • R.S.1943, § 23-813;
  • Laws 1947, c. 68, § 1, p. 219;
  • Laws 1977, LB 40, § 92;
  • Laws 1997, LB 752, § 80.