Nebraska Revised Statute 23-403
As used in the County Civil Service Commission Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Employees means all county employees of the county. Employees does not include part-time employees, employees subject to the state personnel service, court-appointed employees, employees of the county attorney's office, employees of the public defender's office, dentists, physicians, practicing attorneys, deputy sheriffs, officers appointed by the Governor, or elected officers or the chief deputy of each office or the deputy of each office if there is not more than one deputy in the office;
(2) Part-time employee means any person whose position is seasonal or temporary as defined by the commission;
(3) Department head means an officer holding an elected office, an officer holding office by appointment of the Governor, the chief deputy of any office or the deputy if there is not more than one deputy, and such other persons holding positions as are declared to be department heads by the county board; and
(4) Commission means the civil service commission formed pursuant to section 23-404.
- Laws 1971, LB 921, § 2;
- Laws 1977, LB 136, § 1;
- Laws 1989, LB 5, § 5;
- R.S.1943, (2012), § 23-2502;
- Laws 2019, LB411, § 3.
- Operative Date: September 1, 2019