Nebraska Revised Statute 23-3513
Chapter 23 Section 3513
Cities and villages; gifts of money or property to aid county in acquisition, construction, or maintenance; issuance of bonds; procedure.
(1) Any city or village may make a gift of money or property, including equipment, to the county in which such city or village is situated to aid and assist in the acquisition, construction, or maintenance of such facility or facilities as provided by section 23-3501, to a nonprofit corporation which will provide or is providing hospital facilities within such city or village, or to a hospital district established pursuant to section 23-3529 and in which such city or village is located. Any such gift shall be approved by three-fourths of all the members elected to the city council of the city or board of trustees of the village making such gift. In order to enable any such city or village to make such gift of money to such county, the city or village shall be empowered and authorized to borrow money, pledge the property and credit of the city or village, and issue its bonds to obtain money therefor in an amount not to exceed three and one-half percent of the taxable valuation of such city or village. No such bonds shall be issued until after the bonds have been authorized by a majority vote of the electors voting on the proposition of their issuance at a general municipal election or at a special election called for the submission of such proposition.
(2) Such bonds shall be payable in not to exceed twenty years from date and shall bear interest payable annually or semiannually. Notice of the time and place of the election shall be given by publication three successive weeks prior thereto in some legal newspaper printed in and of general circulation in such city or village or, if no newspaper is printed in such city or village, in a newspaper of general circulation in such city or village. No such election shall be called except upon a three-fourths vote of all the members elected to the city council of the city or board of trustees of the village, which three-fourths vote of the city council or board of trustees shall constitute the approval provided for in either subsection (1) or (2) of this section, and either the city council or village board shall be required to make such gift, in the event the electors vote such bonds.
- Laws 1947, c. 41, § 2, p. 157;
- Laws 1957, c. 65, § 1, p. 288;
- Laws 1963, c. 114, § 12, p. 454;
- Laws 1967, c. 121, § 12, p. 392;
- Laws 1969, c. 51, § 84, p. 328;
- Laws 1971, LB 80, § 1;
- Laws 1971, LB 534, § 26;
- Laws 1972, LB 1124, § 1;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 105;
- R.S.1943, (1987), § 23-343.13;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 113.