Nebraska Revised Statute 23-2538
Chapter 23 Section 2538
Personnel policy board; powers and duties.
The powers and duties of a personnel policy board shall be:
(1) To review and make recommendations to the county board on the personnel rules and regulations and any amendments thereto prior to the approval by the county board;
(2) To advise and assist the county personnel officer, if appointed, on matters of personnel policy, administration, and practice;
(3) To direct the county personnel officer, if appointed, in fostering the interest and cooperation of institutions of learning and civic, professional, and employee organizations in the improvement of personnel standards and the development of high public regard for the county as an employer and for careers in the county service;
(4) To require the county personnel officer, if appointed, to make any investigation which the personnel policy board may consider necessary concerning the management of personnel in the county service;
(5) To review any grievance or case of disciplinary action of a classified service employee when appealed by such employee in accordance with approved personnel rules and regulations and issue a determination that is binding on all parties concerned;
(6) To make annual reports and recommendations to the county board; and
(7) To perform such other acts and duties as may be expressly set forth in sections 23-2534 to 23-2544 and in the rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto and such other acts and duties as directed by the county board in furtherance of the purposes of sections 23-2534 to 23-2544.
- Laws 1994, LB 212, § 5.