Nebraska Revised Statute 23-2310.05
Defined contribution benefit; employer account; investment options; procedures; administration.
(1) Each member employed and participating in the retirement system prior to January 1, 2003, who has elected not to participate in the cash balance benefit, shall be allowed to allocate all contributions to his or her employer account to various investment options. Such investment options shall be the same as the investment options of the employee account as provided in subsection (1) of section 23-2309.01. If a member fails to select an option or combination of options, all of his or her funds in the employer account shall be placed in the balanced account option described in subdivision (1)(d) of section 23-2309.01. Each member shall be given a detailed current description of each investment option prior to making or revising his or her allocation.
(2) Each member of the retirement system may allocate contributions to his or her employer account to the investment options in percentage increments as set by the board in any proportion, including full allocation to any one option. A member under subdivision (1)(a) of section 23-2321 or his or her beneficiary may transfer any portion of his or her funds among the options. The board may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations for changes of a member's allocation of contributions to his or her accounts after his or her most recent allocation and for transfers from one investment account to another.
(3) The board shall develop a schedule for the allocation of administrative costs of maintaining the various investment options and shall assess the costs so that each member pays a reasonable fee as determined by the board.
(4) In order to carry out the provisions of this section, the board may enter into administrative services agreements for accounting or record-keeping services. No agreement shall be entered into unless the board determines that it will result in administrative economy and will be in the best interests of the state and participating employees.
(5) The state, the board, the state investment officer, the members of the Nebraska Investment Council, or the county shall not be liable for any investment results resulting from the member's exercise of control over the assets in the employer account.
- Laws 1999, LB 687, § 1;
- Laws 2000, LB 1200, § 3;
- Laws 2001, LB 408, § 4;
- Laws 2002, LB 407, § 5;
- Laws 2002, LB 687, § 10;
- Laws 2004, LB 1097, § 4;
- Laws 2005, LB 364, § 4;
- Laws 2005, LB 503, § 2;
- Laws 2008, LB1147, § 3;
- Laws 2010, LB950, § 5;
- Laws 2012, LB916, § 8;
- Laws 2018, LB1005, § 8.
- Operative Date: July 19, 2018