Nebraska Revised Statute 23-1201.02
County attorney; qualifications; exception.
(1) No person shall seek nomination or appointment for the office of county attorney in counties of Class 4, 5, 6, or 7, nor serve in that capacity, unless he or she has been admitted to the practice of law in this state for at least two years next preceding the date such person would take office and has practiced law actively in this state during such two-year period, except that if no person who meets the requirements of this subsection has filed for or sought such office by the filing deadline for nomination or by the deadline for applications for appointment, the provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any person seeking such office.
(2) No person shall seek nomination or appointment for the office of county attorney, nor serve in that capacity, unless he or she has been admitted to the practice of law in this state.
(3) The classification of counties in section 23-1114.01 applies for purposes of this section.
- Laws 1969, c. 142, § 1, p. 664;
- Laws 1993, LB 468, § 2;
- Laws 2009, LB55, § 1.
- Classification of counties, see section 23-1114.01.