Nebraska Revised Statute 23-104.01
Compacts; conditions; limitations; powers.
Compacts between counties for the joint exercise of powers may be made only upon compliance with the following conditions and subject to the following limitations:
(1) The terms of the obligation imposed by the compact shall be reduced to writing, shall be required to be signed by a majority of the board of supervisors or commissioners of each county that is a party thereto, and after being so signed, shall be filed and recorded in the office of the county clerk of each county that is a party thereto;
(2) The powers that may be exercised and the obligations that may be incurred by each party under the compact shall be definitely set forth and specified therein;
(3) The powers that may be contracted to be exercised under the compact shall only be those imposed by law upon the county as such or upon its board of supervisors or county commissioners and shall not extend to or include powers specifically conferred upon and required to be carried out by other elected officers of the county;
(4) The share of the expense to be paid by each county in carrying out the compact shall be allocated and set forth in the compact and provision made for the payment thereof;
(5) Final action upon the allowance and payment of any claims and obligations against each county shall be reserved to and remain a function of the board of supervisors or commissioners of each county that is a party to the compact;
(6) The levy and collection of taxes to pay the claims and obligations allowed shall be reserved to and remain a function of each county that is a party to the contract; and
(7) The compact shall be subject to the Interlocal Cooperation Act.
- Laws 1953, c. 48, § 3, p. 174;
- Laws 1996, LB 1085, § 27.