Nebraska Revised Statute 21-2947
Chapter 21 Section 2947
Transferability of member interest.
(1) Unless otherwise provided in the articles of organization or bylaws and subject to subsection (2) of this section, member interests are not transferable. The terms of the restriction on transferability shall be set forth in the limited cooperative association articles of organization or bylaws, the member records of the limited cooperative association, and shall be conspicuously noted on any certificates evidencing a member's interest.
(2) A member may transfer its financial rights in the limited cooperative association unless the transfer is restricted or prohibited by the articles of organization or bylaws.
(3) The transferee of a member's financial rights has, to the extent transferred, the right to share in the allocation of surplus, profits, or losses and to receive the distributions to the member transferring the interest.
(4) The transferee does not become a member upon transfer of a member's financial rights unless it is admitted as a member by the limited cooperative association.
(5) A limited cooperative association need not give effect to a transfer under this section until the limited cooperative association has notice of the transfer.
(6) A transfer of a member's financial rights in violation of a restriction or prohibition on transfer contained in the articles of organization or bylaws is void.