Nebraska Revised Statute 21-1764
Chapter 21 Section 1764
(1) The members of the board of directors shall elect from their own number a chairperson, one or more vice-chairpersons, a treasurer, and a secretary, at the organizational meeting held as provided in the bylaws. The board shall fill vacancies in the positions described in this subsection as they occur. The treasurer and the secretary may be the same individual. The board shall also elect any other officers that are specified in the bylaws.
(2) The terms of the chairperson, vice-chairperson, treasurer, and secretary shall be for one year or until their successors are chosen and have been duly qualified. If the chairperson, a vice-chairperson, the treasurer, or the secretary is suspended, is removed, or has resigned as a board member, his or her position shall be deemed vacant.
(3) The duties of the officers shall be prescribed in the bylaws.
(4) The board of directors shall appoint a president to act as the chief executive officer of the credit union and to be in active charge of the credit union's operations.
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of the Credit Union Act, a credit union may use any titles it so chooses for the officials holding the positions described in this section, as long as such titles are not misleading.
- Laws 1996, LB 948, § 64.