Nebraska Revised Statute 20-145
Chapter 20 Section 145
For purposes of the Free Flow of Information Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Federal or state proceeding shall include any proceeding or investigation before or by any federal or state judicial, legislative, executive, or administrative body;
(2) Medium of communication shall include, but not be limited to, any newspaper, magazine, other periodical, book, pamphlet, news service, wire service, news or feature syndicate, broadcast station or network, or cable television system;
(3) Information shall include any written, audio, oral, or pictorial news or other material;
(4) Published or broadcast information shall mean any information disseminated to the public by the person from whom disclosure is sought;
(5) Unpublished or nonbroadcast information shall include information not disseminated to the public by the person from whom disclosure is sought, whether or not related information has been disseminated and shall include, but not be limited to, all notes, outtakes, photographs, film, tapes, or other data of whatever sort not itself disseminated to the public through a medium of communication, whether or not published or broadcast information based upon or related to such material has been disseminated;
(6) Processing shall include compiling, storing, transferring, handling, and editing of information; and
(7) Person shall mean any individual, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity existing under or authorized by the law of the United States, any state or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any foreign country.
- Laws 1973, LB 380, § 2;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 146.