Nebraska Revised Statute 2-4804
Financial, legal, and farm mediation services; contracts to provide.
(1) Borrowers involved in mediation under the Farm Mediation Act shall be offered assistance, at no cost to borrowers, in the analysis of their business and personal financial situation. The administrator shall contract with one or more eligible persons to provide such assistance. A person shall be eligible to contract to provide services pursuant to this subsection if he or she has staff trained and experienced in farm and ranch financial analysis, is familiar with the unique aspects of production agriculture, is able to work effectively with borrowers and creditors, and demonstrates an ability to assist each borrower in developing alternatives and to evaluate such alternatives for potential viability.
(2) The administrator shall provide any available information regarding legal assistance programs for borrowers and may contract with one or more eligible persons to provide such assistance. A person shall be eligible to contract to provide services pursuant to this subsection if such assistance is provided by attorneys who are qualified in agricultural credit problems of borrowers.
(3) The administrator shall contract with one or more eligible persons to provide farm mediation services pursuant to the Farm Mediation Act. A person shall be eligible to contract to provide farm mediation services if he or she is qualified or provides agricultural mediation training of mediators to a level of expertise specified by the administrator and ensures that all mediation sessions are confidential.
(4) Any person contracting with the administrator to provide services pursuant to this section shall demonstrate an ability to perform high quality service for the least cost within the time limits established by the administrator.
(5) The contract or contracts entered into pursuant to this section may be terminated by either party upon written notice. Any person awarded a contract shall be designated as the contractor for the service area of the state set forth in such contract for the duration of the contract.
- Laws 1988, LB 664, § 4;
- Laws 1997, LB 200, § 2.