Nebraska Revised Statute 2-4802
As used in the Farm Mediation Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Administrator means the Department of Agriculture or any other appropriate state agency designated by the Governor;
(2) Borrower means an individual, limited liability company, corporation, trust, cooperative, joint venture, or other entity entitled to contract who is engaged in farming or ranching, who derives more than fifty percent of his or her gross income from farming or ranching, and who holds an agricultural loan;
(3) Creditor means any individual, organization, cooperative, partnership, limited liability company, trust, or state or federally chartered corporation to whom an agricultural loan is owed;
(4) Farm mediation service means an entity with which the administrator contracts to conduct mediation and related services pursuant to the act;
(5) Mediation means a process by which the parties present, discuss, and explore practical and realistic alternatives to the resolution of a dispute; and
(6) Mediator means anyone responsible for and engaged in the performance of mediation pursuant to the act.
- Laws 1988, LB 664, § 2;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 81;
- Laws 1997, LB 200, § 1.