Nebraska Revised Statute 2-402
Healthy Soils Task Force; created; members; meetings.
(1) The Healthy Soils Task Force is created.
(2) The task force shall consist of the following voting members:
(a) The Director of Agriculture or his or her designee;
(b) Two representatives of natural resources districts in Nebraska, appointed by the Governor;
(c) Two academic experts in agriculture and natural resources in Nebraska, appointed by the Governor;
(d) Six representatives from production agriculture, including at least two producers that are using healthy soil practices, appointed by the Governor;
(e) Two representatives from agribusiness, appointed by the Governor; and
(f) Two representatives from environmental organizations in Nebraska, appointed by the Governor.
(3) The task force shall consist of the following nonvoting members:
(a) The chairperson of the Natural Resources Committee of the Legislature, or his or her designee; and
(b) The chairperson of the Agriculture Committee of the Legislature, or his or her designee.
(4) In selecting membership for appointment to the task force, the Governor shall seek to appoint members with relevant expertise regarding methods for incorporating healthy soil stewardship practices into working agricultural operations and for optimizing environmental services provided through such practices. Appointments to the task force shall be made within sixty days after April 18, 2019, and appointed members shall begin serving immediately following notice of appointment. Members shall be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in carrying out their duties as members, as provided in sections 81-1174 to 81-1177.
(5) The task force shall hold its first meeting no later than September 1, 2019. At its first meeting, the members shall elect a chairperson. Subsequent to the initial meeting, the task force may meet as necessary at the call of the chairperson.
(6) For administrative and budgetary purposes, the task force shall be housed within the Department of Agriculture. Additional support to facilitate the work of the task force may be requested from appropriate federal and state agencies.