Nebraska Revised Statute 2-3949
For purposes of the Dairy Industry Development Act:
(1) Board shall mean the Nebraska Dairy Industry Development Board;
(2) Commercial use shall mean sale for retail consumption or sale for resale, for manufacture for resale, or for processing for resale;
(3) First purchaser of milk shall mean a person who buys milk from a producer and resells to another person the milk or products manufactured or processed from the milk;
(4) Milk shall mean any class of cow's milk produced in the State of Nebraska;
(5) Milk production unit shall mean any producer licensed by the Department of Agriculture;
(6) Producer shall mean any person engaged in the production of milk for commercial use;
(7) Producer-processor shall mean a producer who processes and markets the producer's own milk; and
(8) Qualified program shall mean any state or regional dairy product promotion, research, or nutrition education program which is certified pursuant to 7 C.F.R. 1150.153, as amended. Such program shall: (a) Conduct activities as defined in 7 C.F.R. 1150.114, 1150.115, and 1150.116 intended to increase consumption of milk and dairy products generally; (b) except for programs operated under the laws of the United States or any state, have been active and ongoing before November 29, 1983; (c) be financed primarily by producers, either individually or through cooperative associations; (d) not use any private brand or trade name in advertising and promotion of dairy products unless the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board established pursuant to 7 C.F.R. 1150.131 and the United States Secretary of Agriculture concur that such requirement should not apply; (e) certify to the United States Secretary of Agriculture that any request from a producer for a refund under the program will be honored by forwarding that portion of such refund equal to the amount of credit that otherwise would be applicable to the program pursuant to 7 C.F.R. 1150.152(c) to either the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board or a qualified program designated by the producer; and (f) not use program funds for the purpose of influencing governmental policy or action.
- Laws 1992, LB 275, § 2.