Nebraska Revised Statute 2-3234.04
Chapter 2 Section 3234.04
Trails; public hearing; considerations.
Before establishing a trail, the district shall consider, at a public hearing, all of the following:
(1) The proposed route for the trail, including maps and illustrations, and the mode of travel to be permitted;
(2) The areas adjacent to such route to be utilized by the district for scenic, historic, natural, cultural, or developmental purposes;
(3) The characteristics that make the proposed route suitable as a trail;
(4) The plans for developing, operating, and maintaining the proposed trail;
(5) Any anticipated problems enforcing the proper use of the proposed trail or hazards to private real property adjacent to such trail;
(6) The current status of the real property ownership and current and potential use of the real property in and along the proposed route;
(7) The estimated cost of acquisition of the real property, or an interest therein, needed for the proposed route; and
(8) The extent and type of private real property interest needed to establish the proposed trail, the right-of-way acquisition process to be followed, and the circumstances under which eminent domain may be utilized.