Nebraska Revised Statute 2-3231
Chapter 2 Section 3231
Districts; contracts; powers.
Each district shall have the power and authority to:
(1) Contract for the construction, preservation, operation, and maintenance of tunnels, reservoirs, regulating or reregulating basins, diversion works and canals, dams, drains, drainage systems, or other projects for a purpose mentioned in section 2-3229, and necessary works incident thereto, and to hold the federal government or any agency thereof free from liability arising from any construction;
(2) Contract with the United States for a water supply and water distribution and drainage systems under any Act of Congress providing for or permitting such contract;
(3) Acquire by purchase, lease, or otherwise mutually arrange to administer and manage any project works undertaken by the United States or any of its agencies, or by this state or any of its agencies; except that this section shall not apply to any project being administered or managed by any public power district, public power and irrigation district, or metropolitan utilities district; and
(4) Act as agent of the United States, or any of its agencies, or for this state or any of its agencies, in connection with the acquisition, construction, operation, maintenance, or management of any project within its boundaries.
- Laws 1969, c. 9, § 31, p. 120;
- Laws 2007, LB701, § 12.