Nebraska Revised Statute 2-2309
Declaration of policy; board; powers and duties.
It is hereby declared to be the public policy of the State of Nebraska to protect and foster the health, prosperity, and general welfare of its people by protecting and stabilizing the wheat industry and the economy of the areas producing wheat. The Nebraska Wheat Development, Utilization, and Marketing Board shall be the agency of the State of Nebraska for such purpose. In connection with and in furtherance of such purpose, such board shall have the power to:
(1) Formulate the general policies and programs of the State of Nebraska respecting the discovery, promotion, and development of markets and industries for the utilization of wheat grown within the State of Nebraska;
(2) Adopt and devise a program of education and publicity;
(3) Cooperate with local, state, or national organizations, whether public or private, in carrying out the purposes of the Nebraska Wheat Resources Act and to enter into such contracts as may be necessary;
(4) Adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to promptly and effectively enforce the Nebraska Wheat Resources Act. The rules and regulations shall include provisions which prescribe the procedure for adjustment of the excise tax by the board pursuant to section 2-2311;
(5) Conduct, in addition to the things enumerated, any other program for the development, utilization, and marketing of wheat grown in the State of Nebraska. Such programs may include a program to make grants and enter into contracts for research, accumulation of data, and construction of ethanol production facilities;
(6) Make refunds for overpayments of the excise tax according to rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the board; and
(7) Employ personnel and contract for services which are necessary for the proper operation of the program.
- Laws 1955, c. 5, § 9, p. 62;
- Laws 1959, c. 8, § 1, p. 105;
- Laws 1981, LB 11, § 28;
- Laws 1983, LB 505, § 1;
- Laws 1986, LB 1230, § 17;
- Laws 1988, LB 963, § 1.