Nebraska Revised Statute 2-1219
Chapter 2 Section 1219
State Racing Commission; members; employees; activities prohibited; conflict of interest; penalty.
(1) When any matter comes before the State Racing Commission that may cause financial benefit or detriment to a member of the commission, a member of his or her immediate family, or a business with which the member is associated, which is distinguishable from the effects of such matter on the public generally or a broad segment of the public, such member shall take the following actions as soon as he or she is aware of such potential conflict or should reasonably be aware of such potential conflict, whichever is sooner:
(a) Prepare a written statement describing the matter requiring action or decision and the nature of the potential conflict;
(b) Deliver a copy of the statement to the secretary of the commission; and
(c) Recuse himself or herself from taking any action or making any decision relating to such matter in the discharge of his or her official duties as a member of the commission.
(2) No horse in which any employee of the State Racing Commission has any interest shall be raced at any meet under the jurisdiction of the commission.
(3) No employee of the State Racing Commission shall have a pecuniary interest or engage in any private employment in a profession or business which is regulated by or interferes or conflicts with the performance or proper discharge of the duties of the commission.
(4) No employee of the State Racing Commission shall wager or cause a wager to be placed on the outcome of any race at a race meeting which is under the jurisdiction and supervision of the commission.
(5) No employee of the State Racing Commission shall have a pecuniary interest or engage in any private employment in a business which does business with any racing association licensed by the commission or in any business issued a concession operator license by the commission.
(6) Any commission employee violating this section shall forfeit his or her employment.
(7) The commission shall include in its rules and regulations prohibitions against actual or potential specific conflicts of interest on the part of racing officials and other individuals licensed by the commission.
- Laws 1965, c. 10, § 1, p. 125;
- Laws 1980, LB 939, § 5;
- Laws 2010, LB861, § 2.