Nebraska Revised Statute 18-2803
Chapter 18 Section 2803
For purposes of the Municipal Proprietary Function Act:
(1) Fiscal year shall mean the twelve-month period established by each governing body for each proprietary function of municipal government for determining and carrying on its financial affairs for each proprietary function;
(2) Governing body shall mean the city council in the case of a city of any class and the board of trustees in the case of a village and shall include any city with a home rule charter;
(3) Municipal budget statement shall mean a budget statement adopted by a governing body for nonproprietary functions of the municipality under the Nebraska Budget Act;
(4) Proprietary budget statement shall mean a budget adopted by a governing body for each proprietary function pursuant to the Municipal Proprietary Function Act; and
(5) Proprietary function shall mean a water supply or distribution utility, a wastewater collection or treatment utility, an electric generation, transmission, or distribution utility, a gas supply, transmission, or distribution utility, an integrated solid waste management collection, disposal, or handling utility, or a hospital or a nursing home owned by a municipality.
- Laws 1993, LB 734, § 3.
- Nebraska Budget Act, see section 13-501.