Nebraska Revised Statute 18-2115
Redevelopment plan or substantial modification; public hearing; notice; governing body hearing; notice.
(1) The planning commission or board of the city shall hold a public hearing on any redevelopment plan or substantial modification thereof after giving notice of the hearing as provided in section 18-2115.01.
(2) After the hearing required under subsection (1) of this section, the governing body of the city shall hold a public hearing on any redevelopment plan or substantial modification thereof after giving notice of the hearing as provided in section 18-2115.01. At the public hearing, all interested parties shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity to express their views respecting the proposed redevelopment plan.
(3) For purposes of this section, substantial modification means a change to a redevelopment plan that (a) materially alters or reduces existing areas or structures otherwise available for public use or access, (b) substantially alters the use of the community redevelopment area as contemplated in the redevelopment plan, or (c) increases the amount of ad valorem taxes pledged under section 18-2150 by more than five percent, if the amount of such taxes is included in the redevelopment plan.
(4) This section shall not apply to a redevelopment plan that receives an expedited review under section 18-2155.
- Laws 1951, c. 224, § 6(8), p. 807;
- R.R.S.1943, § 14-1615;
- Laws 1957, c. 52, § 10, p. 258;
- R.R.S.1943, § 19-2615;
- Laws 1995, LB 140, § 1;
- Laws 1997, LB 875, § 10;
- Laws 2014, LB679, § 2;
- Laws 2018, LB874, § 12;
- Laws 2020, LB1003, § 175;
- Laws 2020, LB1021, § 9.
- Note: The Revisor of Statutes has pursuant to section 49-769 correlated LB1003, section 175, with LB1021, section 9, to reflect all amendments.
- Note: Changes made by LB1003 became operative November 14, 2020. Changes made by LB1021 became effective November 14, 2020.