Nebraska Revised Statute 17-219.03
Chapter 17 Section 219.03
Village; dissolution; board of trustees; county board; duties.
(1) On and after the date of a vote by a majority of the registered voters of a village voting on the question in favor of the abolishment of the incorporation of a village, the village board of trustees shall not expend any funds of the village, liquidate any village assets, whether such assets are real or personal property, or otherwise encumber or exercise any authority over the property or funds of the village without the prior approval of the county board of the county within which the village is located.
(2) Within ten days after a vote by a majority of the registered voters of a village voting on the question in favor of the abolishment of the incorporation of a village, the village board of trustees shall meet and approve a resolution setting out with particularity all of the assets and liabilities of the village, including a full and complete inventory of all property, real and personal, owned by the village. The resolution shall be transmitted to the county clerk of the county within which the village is located, and the county clerk shall provide copies to the members of the county board.
(3) If the liabilities of the village exceed the value of all the assets of the village, the county board shall, within twenty days after the receipt of the resolution by the county clerk, schedule a joint meeting between the village board of trustees and the county board to review the resolution and discuss how to liquidate the liabilities with the village board of trustees.
(4) Within thirty days after the date upon which the joint meeting is held pursuant to subsection (3) of this section, the county board shall adopt a plan for the liquidation of village assets to retire the liabilities of the village.
- Laws 1935, c. 158, § 3, p. 581;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 17-229;
- R.S.1943, § 17-219.03;
- R.S.1943, (1987), § 17-228;
- Laws 1998, LB 1346, § 8;
- Laws 2017, LB133, § 86.