Nebraska Revised Statute 14-365.07
Sewerage systems and sewage disposal plants; revenue bonds; ordinance; general obligation bonds; election; amount.
(1) Revenue bonds authorized by section 14-365.02 may be issued by ordinance duly passed by the mayor and city council of any city of the metropolitan class without any other authority.
(2) General obligation bonds authorized by section 14-365.06 may be issued only (a) after the question of their issuance has been submitted to the electors of the city of the metropolitan class at a general or special election, of which three weeks' notice has been published in a legal newspaper in or of general circulation in such city, and (b) if a majority of the electors voting at the election have voted in favor of the issuance of the bonds. Publication of such notice in such newspaper once each week during three consecutive weeks prior to the date of such election shall constitute compliance with the requirements of this section for notice of such election. General obligation bonds shall not be issued in excess of one and eight-tenths percent of the taxable value of all the taxable property in the city or in excess of the amount authorized by sections 14-365.12 and 14-365.13.
- Laws 1953, c. 24, § 7, p. 101;
- Laws 1971, LB 534, § 9;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 30;
- Laws 1980, LB 599, § 4;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 35;
- Laws 2022, LB800, § 73.
- Operative Date: July 21, 2022