Nebraska Revised Statute 14-365.01
Sewerage systems and sewage disposal plants; construction; operation; territorial limits; tax authorized.
(1) Any city of the metropolitan class is hereby authorized to:
(a) Own, construct, equip, and operate either within or without the corporate limits of such city a sewerage system, including any storm sewer system, and plant or plants for the treatment, purification, and disposal in a sanitary manner of the liquid and solid wastes and sewage of the area; and
(b) Extend or improve any existing sewerage system, including any storm sewer system.
(2) The city shall have the authority to acquire by gift, grant, purchase, or condemnation necessary lands for such sewerage system either within or without the corporate limits of the city.
(3) For the purpose of carrying out the powers set forth in this section, a city of the metropolitan class is also authorized and empowered to make a special levy each year of not to exceed three and five-tenths cents on each one hundred dollars upon the taxable value of all the taxable property in such city, as well as all taxable property within the extraterritorial zoning jurisdiction of such city, which property is within a district established under section 14-360, subject to sections 14-365.12 and 14-365.13. The proceeds of such tax shall be used for any of the purposes enumerated in this section and for no other purpose.
- Laws 1953, c. 24, § 1, p. 99;
- Laws 1959, c. 30, § 3, p. 184;
- Laws 1979, LB 187, § 29;
- Laws 1992, LB 719A, § 34;
- Laws 2022, LB800, § 67.
- Operative Date: July 21, 2022
The application of this entire act is discussed with reference to a lease-purchase agreement relating to financing a waste disposal plant. Cosentino v. City of Omaha, 186 Neb. 407, 183 N.W.2d 475 (1971).