Nebraska Revised Statute 14-1228
Bridge commission; bridge plans and specifications.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the bridge commission of a city of the metropolitan class is authorized to:
(a) Prepare the necessary and proper plans and specifications for the construction of such bridges as may be designated by the city council;
(b) Select the location for such bridges, determine the size, type and method of construction of such bridges, and plan and fix the boundaries and approaches of such bridges;
(c) Make the necessary estimates of the probable cost of construction and the acquisition of the land and rights for the sites of the abutments and approaches and avenues or easements of access to such bridges in the manner provided by law;
(d) Enter into the necessary contracts to build and equip the entire bridges and the approaches and avenues or easements of access to such bridges;
(e) Build the superstructures and substructures and all parts of such bridges;
(f) Obtain and exercise such consent or authority as may be necessary from the government of the United States and the approval of the Secretary of the Army and Chief of Engineers; and
(g) Cause a survey and map to be made of all lands, structures, rights-of-way, franchises, easements, or other interests in lands, including lands under water and riparian rights owned by any person, corporation, or municipality, the acquisition of which may be deemed necessary for the construction of such bridges, and to cause such map and survey to be filed in its office. The members of the bridge commission, or its agents and employees, may enter upon such lands and structures and upon lands under water notwithstanding any interests in such lands or structures, for the purpose of making such surveys and maps.
(2) The bridge commission shall not proceed to exercise or carry out any authority or power granted by this section to bind such bridge commission beyond the extent to which money has been provided.
- Laws 1929, c. 176, § 14, p. 623;
- C.S.1929, § 14-1214;
- Laws 1931, c. 27, § 3, p. 111;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 14-1214;
- R.S.1943, § 14-1228;
- Laws 1972, LB 1046, § 4;
- Laws 2022, LB800, § 261.
- Operative Date: July 21, 2022