Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2909
Construction management at risk contract; request for proposals; requirements.
A political subdivision shall prepare a request for proposals for each construction management at risk contract in accordance with this section. At least thirty days prior to the deadline for receiving and opening proposals, notice of the request for proposals shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation within the political subdivision. A notice of the request for proposals by a school district shall be filed with the State Department of Education at least thirty days prior to the deadline for receiving and opening proposals. The request for proposals shall contain, at a minimum, the following elements:
(1) The identity of the political subdivision for which the project will be built and the political subdivision that will execute the contract;
(2) Policies adopted by the political subdivision in accordance with section 13-2905;
(3) The proposed terms and conditions of the contract, including any terms and conditions which are subject to further negotiation. The proposed general terms and conditions shall be consistent with nationally recognized model general terms and conditions which are standard in the design and construction industry in Nebraska. The proposed terms and conditions may set forth an initial determination of the manner by which the construction manager selects any subcontractor and may require that any work subcontracted be awarded by competitive bidding;
(4) Any bonds and insurance required by law or as may be additionally required by the political subdivision;
(5) General information about the project which will assist the political subdivision in its selection of the construction manager, including a project statement which contains information about the scope and nature of the project, the project site, the schedule, and the estimated budget;
(6) The criteria for evaluation of proposals and the relative weight of each criterion; and
(7) A description of any other information which the political subdivision chooses to require.