Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2907
Design-build contract; request for proposals; requirements.
A political subdivision shall prepare a request for proposals for each design-build contract in accordance with this section. Notice of the request for proposals shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation within the political subdivision at least thirty days prior to the deadline for receiving and opening proposals. A notice of the request for proposals by a school district shall be filed with the State Department of Education at least thirty days prior to the deadline for receiving and opening proposals. The request for proposals shall contain, at a minimum, the following elements:
(1) The identity of the political subdivision for which the project will be built and the political subdivision that will execute the design-build contract;
(2) Policies adopted by the political subdivision in accordance with section 13-2905;
(3) The proposed terms and conditions of the design-build contract, including any terms and conditions which are subject to further negotiation. The proposed general terms and conditions shall be consistent with nationally recognized model general terms and conditions which are standard in the design and construction industry in Nebraska. The proposed terms and conditions may set forth an initial determination of the manner by which the design-builder selects any subcontractor and may require that any work subcontracted be awarded by competitive bidding;
(4) A project statement which contains information about the scope and nature of the project;
(5) Project performance criteria;
(6) Budget parameters for the project;
(7) Any bonds and insurance required by law or as may be additionally required by the political subdivision;
(8) The criteria for evaluation of proposals and the relative weight of each criterion;
(9) A requirement that the design-builder provide a written statement of the design-builder's proposed approach to the design and construction of the project, which may include graphic materials illustrating the proposed approach to design and construction but shall not include price proposals;
(10) A requirement that the design-builder agree to the following conditions:
(a) An architect or engineer licensed to practice in Nebraska will participate substantially in those aspects of the offering which involve architectural or engineering services;
(b) At the time of the design-build offering, the design-builder will furnish to the governing body of the political subdivision a written statement identifying the architect or engineer who will perform the architectural or engineering work for the design-build project;
(c) The architect or engineer engaged by the design-builder to perform the architectural or engineering work with respect to the design-build project will have direct supervision of such work and may not be removed by the design-builder prior to the completion of the project without the written consent of the governing body of the political subdivision;
(d) A design-builder offering design-build services with its own employees who are design professionals licensed to practice in Nebraska will (i) comply with the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act by procuring a certificate of authorization to practice architecture or engineering and (ii) submit proof of sufficient professional liability insurance; and
(e) The rendering of architectural or engineering services by a licensed architect or engineer employed by the design-builder will conform to the Engineers and Architects Regulation Act and rules and regulations adopted under the act; and
(11) Other information which the political subdivision chooses to require.
- Engineers and Architects Regulation Act, see section 81-3401.