Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2515
Chapter 13 Section 2515
Representatives; number; voting; quorum; meetings.
(1) Each participating public agency shall at all times be entitled to appoint at least one representative. A joint public agency's rules of governance may allow any participating public agency to appoint additional representatives and shall specify the number of representatives to be appointed by each participating public agency. The number of representatives may be increased or decreased from time to time by an amendment to the rules of governance approved by each participating public agency as evidenced by a resolution of the governing body thereof unless the agreement provides for approval by less than all participating public agencies.
(2) Each representative shall be entitled to one vote. With the approval of each participating public agency as evidenced by a resolution of the governing body thereof unless the agreement provides for approval by less than all participating public agencies, a joint public agency's rules of governance may allow the representative of any participating public agency to cast more than one vote and shall specify the number of votes such representative may cast.
(3) A quorum of the board is required for conducting the business and exercising the powers of the joint public agency and for all other purposes. Unless the rules of governance require a larger quorum, the presence at the meeting of the number of representatives entitled to cast a majority of the total votes which may be cast by all of the representatives constitutes a quorum. Action may be taken upon a vote of a majority of the votes which the representatives present are entitled to cast unless the rules of governance require a larger vote.
(4) The manner of scheduling regular meetings and the method of calling special board meetings, including the giving or waiving of notice, shall be as provided in the rules of governance within the constraints of the Open Meetings Act.
- Open Meetings Act, see section 84-1407.