Nebraska Revised Statute 13-1104
Bonds; security; agreements; default; payment; foreclosure.
(1) The principal of and interest on any bonds issued under the authority of sections 13-1101 to 13-1110 (a) shall be secured by a pledge of the revenue out of which such bonds shall be made payable, (b) may be secured by a mortgage covering all or any part of the project, (c) may be secured by a pledge of the lease of such project or by any related financing agreement, or (d) may be secured by such other security device as may be deemed most advantageous by the issuing authority and other parties to the transaction.
(2) The proceedings under which the bonds are authorized to be issued under sections 13-1101 to 13-1110 and any mortgage given to secure the same may contain any agreements and provisions customarily contained in instruments securing bonds, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, provisions respecting (a) the fixing and collection of rents for any project covered by such proceedings or mortgage, (b) the terms to be incorporated in the lease or financing of such project, (c) the maintenance and insurance of such project, (d) the creation and maintenance of special funds from the revenue of such project, and (e) the rights and remedies available in the event of a default to the bondholders or to the trustee under a mortgage, all as the governing body shall deem advisable and as shall not be in conflict with sections 13-1101 to 13-1110. In making any such agreements or provisions, a municipality or county shall not have the power to obligate itself, except with respect to the project and the application of the revenue therefrom, and shall not have the power to incur a pecuniary liability or a charge upon its general credit or against its taxing powers.
(3) The proceedings authorizing any bonds under sections 13-1101 to 13-1110 and any mortgage securing such bonds may provide that, in the event of a default in the payment of the principal of or the interest on such bonds or in the performance of any agreement contained in such proceedings or mortgage, such payment and performance may be enforced by mandamus or by the appointment of a receiver in equity with power to charge and collect rents and to apply the revenue from the project in accordance with such proceedings or the provisions of such mortgage.
(4) Any mortgage made under sections 13-1101 to 13-1110 to secure bonds issued thereunder may also provide that, in the event of a default in the payment thereof or the violation of any agreement contained in the mortgage, the mortgage may be foreclosed and sold under proceedings in equity or in any other manner now or hereafter permitted by law. Such mortgage may also provide that any trustee under such mortgage or the holder of any of the bonds secured thereby may become the purchaser at any foreclosure sale if it is the highest bidder therefor. No breach of any such agreement shall impose any pecuniary liability upon a municipality or county or any charge upon their general credit or against their taxing powers.
- Laws 1961, c. 54, § 4, p. 203;
- Laws 1983, LB 451, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1983), § 18-1617;
- Laws 2011, LB159, § 3.