Nebraska Revised Statute 1-162.01
Chapter 1 Section 162.01
Firms; owners permitted; conditions; rules and regulations.
Notwithstanding the Nebraska Professional Corporation Act or the Public Accountancy Act or any other provision of law inconsistent with this section, firms may have persons as owners who are not certified public accountants if the following conditions are met:
(1) Such persons shall not exceed forty-nine percent of the total number of owners of such firm;
(2) Such persons shall not hold, in the aggregate, more than forty-nine percent of such firm's equity capital or voting rights or receive, in the aggregate, more than forty-nine percent of such firm's profits or losses;
(3) Such persons shall not hold themselves out as certified public accountants;
(4) Such persons shall not hold themselves out to the general public or to any client as an owner, partner, shareholder, limited liability company member, director, officer, or other official of the firm except in a manner specifically permitted by the rules and regulations of the board;
(5) Such persons shall not have ultimate responsibility for the performance of any audit, review, or compilation of financial statements or other forms of attestation related to financial information;
(6) Such persons shall not be owners of a firm engaged in the practice of public accountancy without board approval if such persons (a) have been convicted of any felony under the laws of any state, of the United States, or of any other jurisdiction, (b) have been convicted of any crime, an element of which is dishonesty or fraud, under the laws of any state, of the United States, or of any other jurisdiction, (c) have had their professional or vocational licenses, if any, suspended or revoked by a licensing agency of any state of the United States or of any other jurisdiction or such persons have otherwise been the subject of other final disciplinary action by any such agency, or (d) are in violation of any rule or regulation regarding character or conduct adopted and promulgated by the board relating to owners who are not certified public accountants; and
(7) Such persons, regardless of where located, shall actively participate in the business of the firm.
The board shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations for purposes of interpretation and enforcement of compliance with this section.
- Nebraska Professional Corporation Act, see section 21-2201.