Nebraska State Constitution Article III-30
- Nebraska State Constitution
Legislature to pass necessary laws.
The Legislature shall pass all laws necessary to carry into effect the provisions of this constitution.
- Neb. Const. art. XVI, sec. 20 (1875);
- Transferred by Constitutional Convention, 1919-1920, art. XVII, sec. 6;
- Neb. Const. art. XVII, sec. 6 (1997);
- Amended 1998, Laws 1997, LR 17CA, sec. 2.
Legislative power governing the rights and duties of persons is conferred entirely on the elected legislative body. Terry Carpenter, Inc. v. Nebraska Liquor Control Commission, 175 Neb. 26, 120 N.W.2d 374 (1963).
Legislature must provide standards for distribution of school funds. School Dist. No. 39 of Washington County v. Decker, 159 Neb. 693, 68 N.W.2d 354 (1955).