Nebraska Revised Statute 71-3201
(1) Applicant shall mean any person who makes application for a license under such sections;
(2) License shall mean a license to engage in the private detective business as a private detective, as a private detective agency, or as a plain clothes investigator in the State of Nebraska;
(3) Licensee shall mean any person licensed under such sections;
(4) Person shall mean and include any individual, firm, partnership, limited liability company, association, company, corporation, or other legal entity;
(5) Plain clothes investigator shall mean and include any individual, other than a private detective, who as an employee and on behalf of a private detective agency without any identifying uniform performs services consisting wholly or partially of detective or investigative activity within the scope of the private detective business;
(6) Private detective shall mean any individual who as a sole proprietor engages in the private detective business without the assistance of any employee;
(7) Private detective agency shall mean any person who as other than a private detective or a plain clothes investigator engages in the private detective business;
(8) Private detective business shall mean and include any private business engaged in by any person defined in subdivision (4) of this section who advertises or holds himself or herself out to the public, in any manner, as being engaged in the secret service or private policing business; and
(9) Secretary shall mean the Secretary of State.
Laws 1959, c. 329, § 1, p. 1195;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 433.