Nebraska Revised Statute 68-908
Chapter 68 Section 908
Department; powers and duties.
(1) The department shall administer the medical assistance program.
(2) The department may (a) enter into contracts and interagency agreements, (b) adopt and promulgate rules and regulations, (c) adopt fee schedules, (d) apply for and implement waivers and managed care plans for services for eligible recipients, including services under the Nebraska Behavioral Health Services Act, and (e) perform such other activities as necessary and appropriate to carry out its duties under the Medical Assistance Act. A covered item or service as described in section 68-911 that is furnished through a school-based health center, furnished by a provider, and furnished under a managed care plan pursuant to a waiver does not require prior consultation or referral by a patient's primary care physician to be covered. Any federally qualified health center providing services as a sponsoring facility of a school-based health center shall be reimbursed for such services provided at a school-based health center at the federally qualified health center reimbursement rate.
(3) The department shall maintain the confidentiality of information regarding applicants for or recipients of medical assistance and such information shall only be used for purposes related to administration of the medical assistance program and the provision of such assistance or as otherwise permitted by federal law.
(4) The department shall prepare an annual summary and analysis of the medical assistance program for legislative and public review. The department shall submit a report of such summary and analysis to the Governor and the Legislature electronically no later than December 1 of each year.
- Laws 1965, c. 397, § 8, p. 1278;
- Laws 1967, c. 413, § 2, p. 1278;
- Laws 1982, LB 522, § 43;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 325;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 68-1023;
- Laws 2006, LB 1248, § 8;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 247;
- Laws 2009, LB288, § 20;
- Laws 2010, LB1106, § 3;
- Laws 2012, LB782, § 91;
- Laws 2012, LB1158, § 1;
- Laws 2017, LB417, § 7.
- Effective Date: August 24, 2017
- Nebraska Behavioral Health Services Act, see section 71-801.