Nebraska Revised Statute 43-3402
Chapter 43 Section 3402
Council; advisory duties.
With respect to the Early Intervention Act, the Quality Child Care Act, and sections 79-1101 to 79-1104, the Early Childhood Interagency Coordinating Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to state agencies responsible for early childhood care and education, including care for school-age children, in order to:
(2) Facilitate collaboration with the federally administered Head Start program;
(3) Make recommendations to the Department of Health and Human Services, the State Department of Education, and other state agencies responsible for the regulation or provision of early childhood care and education programs on the needs, priorities, and policies relating to such programs throughout the state;
(4) Make recommendations to the lead agency or agencies which prepare and submit applications for federal funding;
(5) Review new or proposed revisions to rules and regulations governing the registration or licensing of early childhood care and education programs;
(6) Study and recommend additional resources for early childhood care and education programs; and
(7) Report biennially to the Governor and Legislature on the status of early intervention and early childhood care and education in the state. The report submitted to the Legislature shall be submitted electronically. Such report shall include (a) the number of license applications received under section 71-1911, (b) the number of such licenses issued, (c) the number of such license applications denied, (d) the number of complaints investigated regarding such licensees, (e) the number of such licenses revoked, (f) the number and dollar amount of civil penalties levied pursuant to section 71-1920, and (g) information which may assist the Legislature in determining the extent of cooperation provided to the Department of Health and Human Services by other state and local agencies pursuant to section 71-1914.