Nebraska Revised Statute 13-1111

Chapter 13 Section 1111

13-1111.

Terms, defined; application for designation; exceptions.

As used in sections 13-1111 to 13-1120, unless the context otherwise requires: (1) Industrial area shall mean a tract of land used or reserved for the location of industry, except that such land may be used for agricultural purposes until the use is converted for the location of industry as set forth in sections 13-1111 to 13-1120; and (2) industry shall mean (a) any enterprise whose primary function is to manufacture, process, assemble, or blend any agricultural, manufactured, mineral, or chemical products; (b) any enterprise that has as its primary function that of storing, warehousing, or distributing, and specifically excluding those operations whose primary function is to directly sell to the general public; or (c) any enterprise whose primary function is research in connection with any of the foregoing, or primarily exists for the purpose of developing new products or new processes, or improving existing products or known processes. The owner or owners of any contiguous tract of real estate containing twenty acres or more, no part of which is within the boundaries of any incorporated city or village, except cities of the metropolitan or primary class, may file or cause to be filed with the county clerk of the county in which the greater portion of such real estate is situated if situated in more than one county, an application requesting the county board of such county to designate such contiguous tract as an industrial area.

Source

  • Laws 1957, c. 51, § 1, p. 240;
  • Laws 1963, c. 86, § 2, p. 295;
  • Laws 1965, c. 84, § 1, p. 324;
  • Laws 1979, LB 217, § 1;
  • R.S.1943, (1983), § 19-2501.

Annotations

  • Property involved was designated an industrial area. Lund v. Orr, 181 Neb. 361, 148 N.W.2d 309 (1967).

  • Right of county board to create industrial areas was superior to right of city to zone under Suburban Development Act. City of Grand Island v. Ehlers, 180 Neb. 331, 142 N.W.2d 770 (1966).