Nebraska Revised Statute 9-826
Chapter 9 Section 826
Lottery game retailer; award of contract; director; findings required.
A contract may be awarded to an applicant to operate as a lottery game retailer only after the director finds all of the following:
(1) The applicant is at least nineteen years of age;
(2) The applicant has not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving gambling, moral turpitude, dishonesty, or theft and the applicant has not been convicted of any other felony within ten years preceding the date such applicant applies for a contract;
(3) The applicant has not been convicted of a violation of the Nebraska Bingo Act, the Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, the Nebraska Lottery and Raffle Act, the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act, the Nebraska Small Lottery and Raffle Act, the State Lottery Act, or Chapter 28, article 11;
(4) The applicant has not previously had a license revoked or denied under the Nebraska Bingo Act, the Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, the Nebraska Lottery and Raffle Act, the Nebraska Pickle Card Lottery Act, the Nebraska Small Lottery and Raffle Act, the State Lottery Act, or Chapter 28, article 11;
(5) The applicant has not had a license or contract to sell tickets for a lottery in another jurisdiction revoked by the authority regulating such lottery or by a court of such jurisdiction;
(6) The applicant has demonstrated financial responsibility, as determined in rules and regulations of the division, sufficient to meet the requirements of a lottery game retailer;
(7) All persons holding at least a ten percent ownership interest in the applicant's business or activity have been disclosed;
(8) The applicant has been in substantial compliance with Nebraska tax laws as determined by the director based on the severity of any possible violation for the five years prior to applying, is not delinquent in the payment of any Nebraska taxes at the time of application, and is in compliance with Nebraska tax laws at the time of application; and
(9) The applicant has not knowingly made a false statement of material fact to the director.
For purposes of this section, applicant shall include the entity seeking the contract and every sole proprietor, partner in a partnership, member in a limited liability company, officer of a corporation, shareholder owning in the aggregate ten percent or more of the stock of a corporation, and governing officer of an organization or political subdivision.
- Laws 1991, LB 849, § 26;
- Laws 1993, LB 138, § 46;
- Laws 1994, LB 694, § 121;
- Laws 1994, LB 884, § 19.