Nebraska Revised Statute 81-1201.21
Chapter 81 Section 1201.21
Job Training Cash Fund; created; use; investment.
(1) There is hereby created the Job Training Cash Fund. The fund shall be under the direction of the Department of Economic Development. Money may be transferred to the fund pursuant to subdivision (1)(b)(iii) of section 48-621 and from the Cash Reserve Fund at the direction of the Legislature. The department shall establish a subaccount for all money transferred from the Cash Reserve Fund to the Job Training Cash Fund on or after July 1, 2005.
(2) The money in the Job Training Cash Fund or the subaccount established in subsection (1) of this section shall be used (a) to provide reimbursements for job training activities, including employee assessment, preemployment training, on-the-job training, training equipment costs, and other reasonable costs related to helping industry and business locate or expand in Nebraska, (b) to provide upgrade skills training of the existing labor force necessary to adapt to new technology or the introduction of new product lines, (c) to provide grants pursuant to section 81-1210.02, (d) as provided in section 79-2308, or (e) as provided in section 48-3405. The department shall give a preference to job training activities carried out in whole or in part within an enterprise zone designated pursuant to the Enterprise Zone Act.
(3) The department shall establish a subaccount within the fund to provide training grants for training employees and potential employees of businesses that (a) employ twenty-five or fewer employees on the application date, (b) employ, or train for potential employment, residents of rural areas of Nebraska, or (c) are located in or employ, or train for potential employment, residents of high-poverty areas as defined in section 81-1203. The department shall calculate the amount of prior year investment income earnings accruing to the fund and allocate such amount to the subaccount for training grants under this subsection. The subaccount shall also be used as provided in the Teleworker Job Creation Act and as provided in section 81-1210.02. The department shall give a preference to training grants for businesses located in whole or in part within an enterprise zone designated pursuant to the Enterprise Zone Act.
(4) The State Treasurer shall transfer:
(a) Two hundred fifty thousand dollars from the Job Training Cash Fund to the General Fund no later than July 15 of 2015 and 2016; and
(b) Two hundred fifty thousand dollars from the Job Training Cash Fund to the Sector Partnership Program Fund on or before July 15, 2016.
(5) Any money in the Job Training Cash Fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
- Laws 1989, LB 305, § 3;
- Laws 1994, LB 1066, § 107;
- Laws 1995, LB 1, § 15;
- Laws 2000, LB 953, § 11;
- Laws 2005, LB 427, § 1;
- Laws 2007, LB322, § 27;
- Laws 2008, LB956, § 1;
- Laws 2009, LB316, § 22;
- Laws 2009, First Spec. Sess., LB3, § 72;
- Laws 2010, LB961, § 1;
- Laws 2010, LB1081, § 12;
- Laws 2011, LB386, § 4;
- Laws 2012, LB946, § 11;
- Laws 2013, LB476, § 1;
- Laws 2014, LB800, § 6;
- Laws 2015, LB382, § 3;
- Laws 2015, LB661, § 34;
- Laws 2016, LB1110, § 14.