Nebraska Revised Statute 8-325
Chapter 8 Section 325
Real estate; acquisition and disposal; powers; limitations.
Such association may purchase, hold, lease and convey real estate or stock for the following purposes and no others:
(1) Such real estate as it may need to occupy as a place of business;
(2) Such as shall in good faith be conveyed to it in satisfaction of debts contracted in the ordinary course of business;
(3) Such as it shall purchase at sales under judgments, decrees or mortgages held by the association, or shall purchase in good faith to secure debts due;
(4) Such as it shall in good faith acquire as a part of the consideration for the sale or exchange of real estate owned by it;
(5) Such as shall be acquired in salvaging the value of property owned by the association; and
(6) Such as is permitted building and loan service corporations under section 8-320.01. Nothing in this section shall be construed to forbid the mortgaging of real estate to such associations.
- Laws 1899, c. 17, § 9, p. 89;
- R.S.1913, § 494;
- Laws 1919, c. 190, tit. V, art. XIX, § 10, p. 728;
- C.S.1922, § 8092;
- C.S.1929, § 8-310;
- Laws 1935, c. 11, § 1, p. 80;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 8-310;
- R.S.1943, § 8-325;
- Laws 1969, c. 38, § 1, p. 246.
Association must dispose of title and possession to property held for five years. State ex rel. Johnson v. Conservative Savings and Loan Assn., 143 Neb. 805, 11 N.W.2d 89 (1943).