Nebraska Revised Statute 8-224
Chapter 8 Section 224
Reports; form; publication; trust company; disclosure statement.
(1) The reports required by section 8-223 shall be verified by one of the managing officers, and a summary of the annual report, in a form prescribed by the Department of Banking and Finance, shall, within thirty days after the filing of the statement with the department, be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the trust company is chartered.
(2) The publication required by this section shall not apply to any trust company that makes an annual disclosure statement available to any member of the general public upon request in accordance with the following provisions:
(a) The annual disclosure statement shall be in a form prescribed by the department;
(b) In the lobby of its main office, in every branch trust office, and in every representative trust office, the trust company shall at all times display a notice that the annual disclosure statement may be obtained from the trust company;
(c) If the trust company maintains an Internet web site, the home page of the web site shall at all times contain a notice that the annual disclosure statement may be obtained from the trust company;
(d) The notice described in subdivisions (b) and (c) of this subsection shall include, at a minimum, an address and telephone number to which requests for an annual disclosure statement may be made;
(e) The first requested copy of the annual disclosure statement shall be provided to a requester free of charge; and
(f) A trust company shall make its annual disclosure statement available to the public beginning not later than the following March 31 or, if the trust company mails an annual disclosure statement to its shareholders, beginning not later than five days after the mailing of the disclosure statement, whichever occurs first. A trust company shall make its annual disclosure statement available continuously until (i) the annual disclosure statement for the succeeding year becomes available or (ii) a summary of its annual report is published for the succeeding year in accordance with this section.
(3) The publication required by this section shall not apply to reports of the trust department of a bank if the report of condition of the trust department is included in the reports of the bank required by the Nebraska Banking Act.
- Laws 1911, c. 31, § 12, p. 194;
- R.S.1913, § 750;
- Laws 1919, c. 190, tit. V, art. XVIII, § 18, p. 723;
- C.S.1922, § 8080;
- C.S.1929, § 8-219;
- Laws 1933, c. 18, § 83, p. 178;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 8-219;
- R.S.1943, § 8-224;
- Laws 1993, LB 81, § 39;
- Laws 1997, LB 137, § 9;
- Laws 2008, LB851, § 9.
- Nebraska Banking Act, see section 8-101.02.