Nebraska Revised Statute 8-178
Chapter 8 Section 178
National bank; reorganization as state bank; authorization; vote required; trust company business; conversion; public hearing; when.
(1) Any national bank located and doing business within the State of Nebraska which follows the procedure prescribed by the laws of the United States may convert into a state bank or merge or consolidate with a state bank upon a vote of the holders of at least two-thirds of the capital stock of such state bank when the resulting state bank meets the requirements of the state law as to the formation of a new state bank. If the national bank has been further chartered to conduct a trust company business within a trust department of the bank, the trust department to be converted shall meet the requirements of state law as to the formation of a trust company business within a trust department of a state bank.
(2) The public hearing requirement of subdivision (1) of section 8-115.01 and the rules and regulations of the director shall be required only if (a) after publishing a notice of the proposed conversion in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the main office of the national bank is located, the expense of which shall be paid by the applicant bank, the director receives an objection to the conversion within fifteen days after such publication or (b) in the discretion of the director, the condition of the bank warrants a hearing. If the national bank has been further chartered to conduct a trust company business within a trust department of the bank, the notice of the proposed conversion of the national bank shall include notice that the trust department will be converted in connection with the national bank conversion.
- Laws 1909, c. 11, § 1, p. 96;
- R.S.1913, § 343;
- Laws 1919, c. 190, tit. V, art. XVI, § 63, p. 711;
- C.S.1922, § 8043;
- C.S.1929, § 8-161;
- Laws 1933, c. 18, § 37, p. 154;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 8-161;
- R.S.1943, § 8-165;
- Laws 1951, c. 11, § 1(1), p. 84;
- R.R.S.1943, § 8-165;
- Laws 1963, c. 29, § 78, p. 165;
- Laws 1995, LB 599, § 3;
- Laws 2002, LB 957, § 5;
- Laws 2006, LB 876, § 10;
- Laws 2017, LB140, § 74.
- Operative Date: August 24, 2017