Nebraska Revised Statute 45-802
For purposes of the Credit Services Organization Act:
(1) Buyer shall mean an individual who is solicited to purchase or who purchases the services of a credit services organization;
(2) Consumer reporting agency shall have the meaning assigned by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. 1681a(f);
(3) Credit services organization shall mean a person who, with respect to the extension of credit by others and in return for the payment of money or other valuable consideration, provides or represents that the person can or will provide any of the following services:
(a) Improving a buyer's credit record, history, or rating;
(b) Obtaining an extension of credit for a buyer; or
(c) Providing advice or assistance to a buyer with regard to subdivision (a) or (b) of this subdivision;
(4) Extension of credit shall mean the right to defer payment of debt or to incur debt and defer its payment offered or granted primarily for personal, family, or household purposes; and
(5) Person shall include individual, corporation, company, association, partnership, limited liability company, and other business entity.
Laws 1991, LB 292, § 2;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 276.