Nebraska Revised Statute 45-603
Chapter 45 Section 603
Collection Agency Licensing Board; created; members; term; expenses; employees; Secretary of State; duties.
(1) There is hereby created the Collection Agency Licensing Board which shall consist of the Secretary of State, who shall be chairperson of the board, and four members appointed by the Governor. Three of the members appointed by the Governor shall be licensees actively engaged in the collection business in this state, one of whom shall reside in each of the state's three congressional districts. The remaining member shall be appointed at large as a representative of the public. Such person shall not be a licensee actively engaged in the collection business in this state.
(2) The term of office of each appointed member shall be for four years, except that of the members of the first board appointed under this section, two shall be appointed for a term of two years. Before a member's term expires, the Governor shall appoint a successor to take office on the expiration of the member's term. A member shall continue to serve after the expiration of his or her term until a successor is appointed and qualified. A vacancy in the office of a member shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term.
(4) The board may employ such persons as may be necessary to carry out the Collection Agency Act, fix the salaries of such employees, and make such other expenditures as are necessary to properly carry out the act, except that all remuneration, expenses, salaries, and expenditures provided for in the act shall be paid out of the Nebraska Collection Agency Fund.
(5) The Secretary of State shall keep a record of all the proceedings, transactions, communications, and official acts performed pursuant to the act and perform such other duties as may be necessary to carry out the intent and purpose of the act.
- Laws 1963, c. 500, § 8, p. 1595;
- R.S.1943, (1981), § 81-8,165;
- Laws 1984, LB 471, § 4;
- Laws 1989, LB 3, § 1;
- Laws 1993, LB 261, § 3.